Saturday, July 26, 2008

File this under....


Better late than never. Click HERE for some birthday party photos from earlier this month.


So, yes, Owen turned 5 on July 7th and we had a Pirate Party complete with Walking the Plank, Scavenger Hunt with Treasure Map, Pin the Flag on the Pirate Ship and much, much more.

It was beyond fun. Owen and I spent weeks planning and creating our artistic masterpieces (er, cardboard decorations)... and he couldn't have been more pleased with the way it all turned out. I went by the rule where you don't invite more kids than the age of the birthday boy.... and what with siblings and neighbors stopping in, it was the perfect size party.

And then on Monday (his actual birthday) Paul took a day off work and we went to Legoland as a surprise. Owen might as well be a Lego designer when he grows up the way he loves his Legos sets... It was a great day.

And now I have a five year old. Definitely not a baby anymore. I look at him and see him changing before my eyes and I just want to squeeze him so tight, cradle him in my arms and tell him that I love him. I'm so glad that he still lets me do that!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I see him growing up so fast as well. In many ways, he is mature beyond his years. I am so glad he still allows hugs and squeezes, and I hope he will even allow grandma to do so. He is a precious child and has so much to offer. It was a fun carefully thought out party, and it was carried off with great aplomb by parents and birthday boy alike. I like the pictures. They tell a great story. GG

Anonymous said...

This is beyond precious!!! What a wonderful birthday, Owen!! Thanks to Dad and Mom who still must have a bit of kid left in them!! We just love you, Owen!

I know the feeling of not wanting them to get too old for all of the kisses and hugs!! I want to just say STOP to the grandkids!!

Aunt Carol said...

whoops!!! I forgot to sign from Aunt Carol in my last entry. I was in a hurry to get going with all of my work today!!!

Aunt Carol