Although he cried saying goodbye to Owen again today, Elliot is starting to really enjoy ruling the roost at home without his brother around. He's exploring his toys in a totally different way, and I haven't had to pull him off the bookcase or down from the stove once this week.
Today he had his 18 month well-child visit at the doctor. High marks all around, although the doctor felt he was a little underweight: 75% in height, less than 25% in weight. Sometimes I forget that kids need to eat more fat than we do. For health reasons, and because it just feels better for us, Paul and I eat a low-fat, whole food, vegan-ish (yes I just made up that word) diet... but it looks like butter, ice cream and whole milk yogurt are back on the menu. At least for Owen and Elliot. Won't they be pleased!
I'll give everybody a school update tomorrow. Let's just say it's been an emotional week and I'm very glad tomorrow is Friday!
4 comments:
Owen runs off any fat that might accumulate in his body. Does the doctor know that!!! :-) I'm sure that yours and Paul's body are saying thank you for that healthy food, though. I have heard that even adults need some fat in their diet but most of us don't stop with just a little fat!! :-) I know it has been an emotional week. Lisel, you are a good mom and you love those kids mightily!! That always makes it double hard when they go off to school! We love you!
Aunt Carol
Good morning, Elliot. Grandpa and Grandma had fun blowing bubbles, reading books, picking a couple of lemons, and generally checking out your toys yesterday. You are so cute and you certainly have a lot going on in your little mind. It's joy to watch you. You may be lean but you are going places and it hard to lay down fat when can't wait to run it off. Love you little boy. Owen, congratulations! One week down with school and it sounds like it is going well. Won't Elliot be happy that you will be able to stay home with him tomorrow and Sunday? GG
Whoops! I said Owen rather than Elliot!! I just now caught that! Owen probably does too but not like Elliot!! :-)
Aunt Carol
Lisi, you are such a great mom! Don't worry about the boys... they burn calories like crazy and they eat when they are hungry, which is the best way, rather than stuffing their mouths with needless calories all day long. They are good kids and good eaters. Don't worry so much about them... they are not obese like so many of the rest of American kids. You and Paul have done a super job with the boys. Be proud of yourselves! I love you!
Mom
Post a Comment