The tooth is now in the happy hands of the Tooth Fairy. There were a few tears yesterday when it popped out, but he did manage to make a joke about it. "Should we e-mail the Tooth Fairy to let her know it came out?" Followed by a smile.
At the end of the day, I turned off the lights and sat there in the rocker with Elliot in my arms. Owen sighed and sat up in bed, facing me in the dark.
"Mommy? I have a really good idea. I think when I lose my last tooth, we should save it for a really, really long time."
"That's a great idea," I said. "Did you want to keep this tooth, too?"
"No," he said, "but I want to keep my very last tooth. Make sure you tell Daddy."
And this morning he found a nice $1 bill folded neatly in his little tooth box where the baby tooth was hidden last night. I guess it seemed to the Tooth Fairy that when you lose your tooth on the First Week of Kindergarten, it should be worth more than a quarter!!! Owen was quite pleased.
6 comments:
Fantastic!! I will be anxiously waiting to see that brand new big boy tooth. Sounds like you hit pay dirt from the tooth fairy. One whole dollar! Wow! No doubt your teacher will be excited to know that loose tooth came out over the week-end. GG
Hooray, the tooth fairy finally got to do some work. Can't wait to see the new big boy tooth. Congratulations and have fun!!!
Dzia Dzia
Adorable box- so much better than folded in a tissue under the pillow. The ToothFairy has come a long way since I was little. Where did you get the box? xo ht
Alrighty than! Now you are ready to go back to school and learn all kinds of fun stuff!! Losing a tooth, Owen, means you are really growing up, big time!! Now I hope you can concentrate on eating a big old snack at recess so you don't get too hungry before lunch! Owen, what a special little boy you are! We just love you!
Aunt Carol
A dollar!!! Talk about inflation! Seriously, after Owen's week at school he deserves the dollar bill! It was fun to watch him push and pull that tooth ever so gently with his tongue. I know he was so worried he'd lose it at school or swallow it while eating. So glad that it came out and he was able to go through the proper procedure of saving it for the Tooth Fairy. Huzzah!! Love you Owen!
Mom
Owen - finally! Congratulations buddy, I know you are so happy to have that tooth out to show off the fancy big boy tooth that was hiding underneath. Great job sweetie! And great job at school last week - keep hanging in there - it will get better and better every day and every week. You are amazing and we are thinking about you always. Love you! Aunt Kirsten and Uncle Joe
Post a Comment