Monday, December 01, 2008

Stone Soup

This is the only photo I managed all day: our table at the end of the night.

Turkey was eaten, pies were devoured, sweet potato souffle was finished off. It was a delicious meal thanks to everyone who attended. I mentioned at the dinner table how I felt like it was a Stone Soup kind of meal. I offered to have Thanksgiving dinner at my place and then everyone else brought all the good stuff. Well, I made the turkey and cranberries but I absoutely could not have done it without my mom's help.... Owen wrote and decorated the place cards, and Elliot helped by devouring all the carrots and broccoli he could find.
Anyway, it was a great Thanksgiving, for which I am very thankful.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lisel, you are so precious to have Thanksgiving dinner. I know how much Ruth Ann appreciates you! Bless you! Owen, how cool to have made place cards for everyone!! That way no one had to wonder where to sit and besides that I just know they all smiled because you made them. Elliot, I'm so glad you could help by eating some of the food. You were just the right size for that task!!!

I know all about stone soup--my sister Sue made stone soup for her kids' birthdays. It was a tradition. Josh asked one day---mom do you really think that stone makes the soup tastes better? What fun!

Aunt Carol

Joe and Kirsten said...

Lisel - it looks like a wonderful table and I'm sure it was a wonderful meal as well. Wish we could have been there! Love to all...

Anonymous said...

Thanksgiving dinner has left a beautiful memory for us. Thank you to the four of you for your lovely hospitality. We love you very much! GG

Anonymous said...

As one who was there, Lisel did a superb job of hosting and cooking! Such a natural! It was a delicious meal, and the company was just a delightful.

Great job, Lisel!

hugs, Mom