1. I finally finished my first hand-knit garment and graduated from the hat/scarf school of knitting! (yes, it's a sweater vest and yes, it's getting too hot to wear it now... but, oh well, isn't it cute?) photo by Owen...
2. The radishes, zinnias and sunflowers all burst out of the earth in a our new garden today! Yesterday nothing -- today neat little green rows! We are so excited to see what happens next!
3. We finalized our vacation plans for the summer and bought airline tickets! I can hardly believe it, we have an actual family vacation planned! Now I can't wait for August.
4. We took an after dinner walk on our favorite pier tonight, watching the waves and the surfers and breathing in the salty air. What a great way to end the week.
Now I'm ready for Monday!
4 comments:
That is a cool vest and I am so very proud of you!! Isn't it exciting to see the garden come up. We can see peas and spinach coming up, also. I never checked this morning but possibly the lettuce is up by now too. You didn't say where your vacation was taking you. Is Michigan in the plans??? :-) Anyway you do have a lot of things to be happy about. You forgot one--you forgot to say how happy you were that Owen can take such good pictures!!! :-)
Aunt Carol
I, also, like your vest - excellent work! I look forward to see in real time. The pier IS so refreshing? I took note of Elliot standing tall against the railing and I thought, "wasn't it just a couple of months ago that Owen was that height! How can this be?" GG
Brad and Luke will remember that pier too. We saw a spectacular pelican feeding frenzy there with them. There were several hundred pelicans and probably several hundred more other birds all diving into the water.
Luke may even have gotten some video of it...
Paul
I guess we'll have to add "knitting maven" to "grammar queen" on your resume where you list special skills! Lovely. xo ht
Post a Comment