Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Unbalanced

My last post was about restoring balance and yet, sadly it was short lived. It is so great to have Paul home, but unfortunately he is still working on an important project and since his return he has been staying at work late (coming home at 9:30pm some nights). Which means I still feel like a single parent most days. I wake up in the morning and it is non-stop all day busy-ness and business.

Which is why I am looking forward to getting away this weekend to my cousin's wedding in Baltimore. Did I mention that I will be flying by myself (for the first time in 7+ years) across the nation? Did I mention that I got the tickets at a great price? It's amazing what a global recession can do for discount airfare... oh, and the fact that since I will be traveling without children (!!!!!!!) I can take odd hours and change planes as many times as I want! Did I mention I'm traveling without the children? Can you tell that I'm excited? I'll be flying out on Friday and returning Sunday -- just enough time to catch up with family and attend the wedding.... I'm packing magazines, books, knitting, crossword puzzles and my IPOD but don't be surprised if all I do is sleep on the airplane. Oooooh, I can't wait!!!!

As for Owen and Elliot, I think they are a little doubtful that life can exist without Mommy here to cook and clean and make dinner. Umm, good luck Paul!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow!! Enjoy your little vacation! The last time I flew I sat beside a mommy that had done exactly the same thing. I sat beside her when she was on her way home and she could hardly wait to see the kids!!! :-) I have a sneaky suspicion you might be the same!! :-) :-) Have a great time!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Thanks for reminding us. It momentarily slipped my mind. Enjoy these leisure hours and return home soon. I can understand Owen and Elliot's concerns regarding having all their needs met, but they no doubt will appreciate you all the more when you return. God go with you and be safe. GG

HT said...

My fingers are crossed you're not seated in front of a parent with little ones! Enjoy going to the restroom alone and other long forgotten luxuries... xo

TheTamayos said...

Enjoy your trip - I can relate to the joy of the occasional "escape"!