Owen and Elliot, of course, are growing. Owen -- at 48" tall and 48 lbs --continues to astound me with his endless food consumption and Elliot is convinced that he is already a "big boy" no matter what you say to contradict him. "NO!! I'm not little, I'm a BIG BOY!!!!!!"
There's a restaurant here in town that serves an amazing dish that is chock full of delicious vegetarian gourmet delights -- to quote from the menu: "Good Things Growing: a terrine of eggplant & roasted bell peppers, garam masala butternut squash ravioli & tempura yams." I haven't been to this place in a long time, but it is the dish I think of when a fancy restaurant beckons....
At any rate, I was thinking of that dish today when I took this picture of our modest little victory garden from which we have already reaped cherry tomatoes, gigantic heirloom tomatoes, three crops of radishes and long, crunchy, incredible carrots. Not to mention the mint, parsley and basil that has been gracing our pasta for the past weeks. Our cucumbers are starting to blossom, and the giant sunflower finally made it's face known to us just a few days ago. 
Thank you, garden for growing so beautifully. Owen and Elliot thank you too.
5 comments:
It sounds to me like we had better come and check out the kids and the good food!!! Your way with words makes all this food sound pretty stinken gourmet!!! I have a feeling that Owen's growth is going to continue to amaze you and I bet that peanut of an Elliot will continue to stay small featured!!! It is all right, that is the way God made them and it is the way He wanted them!!
Aunt Carol
I would like to add that we, too, have been benefactors of your garden. The basil, parsley and raddishes were excellent! That sunflower in the background is a stately anchor to the garden and will no doubt, in due time, will yield sunflower seeds.
Owen and Elliot take the prize; however. They continually amaze us with their growth and their obvious talents. They are growing so nicely. GG
Your garden looks beautiful! I can only imagine your version of the good things growing plate. Oh, that was so yummy!! All my love to the family and can't wait to see you when our ground is frozen over and yours will still probably have goodies growing out of it. :)
Love, Aunt Kirstie
You just made me crave Kemo Sabe!
I miss San Diego!
-Kirsten B
These boys amaze me all the time! You shouldn't be surprised if they are BIG boys - you're tall, your dad's tall, and most of all, they are leading such great healthy lives... how could they not be BIG??? Love your garden and the attention the boys give it... watching Elliot tenderly picking cherry tomatoes is so sweet. And Owen just loves to "fix" things out in the garden. Beautiful!
Post a Comment