Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Rocket to the Moon




Owen had a blast at his astronaut party. He rocketed to outer space,


he knocked out some aliens,

he tasted some astronaut food (freeze-dried ice cream) and ate an unbelievably delicious cake (complete with dry ice rocket fuel -- thanks Grandma Ruth!).


And me? I am truly amazed that my son is 6. And into rockets. And into reading. And smart as a whip. And funny. And creative. And truly discovering his own uniqueness. And I will never forget when he looked like this:

But back to the party -- Paul painted the photo backdrop, Grandma Ruth created an amazing cake and Nana Liana brought the gourmet goodies for the adults to nibble on. Thank you to everyone who helped make it such a speical occasion! And to all those who missed it, here is a link to some more photos.














5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, wow, wow!!! What a cool party! I'm sure Owen was in his glory and indeed grateful for such a nice party! It looks like fun was had by all, even Elliot and Clara! How fun that this could happen while Clara was around! Happy birthday sweetheart! We love you!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

A GREAT PARTY FOR GREAT YOUNG MAN. I noticed what a sweet host you were to all your little friends, Owen. Grandpa and Grandma are very proud of you. Grandma also remembers when you looked like the beautiful baby in the last picture. Where has the last six years gone? We love you. GG

Bethany said...

Owen's party was SO fun! All of the thoughtful details came together so well. I loved Owen's chalk directions. Clara thought the rocket favors were totally awesome.

I remember meeting Owen just before his first birthday--Lisel, you and Owen were the first people from Evan's family that I met! And what a cute little baby he was. We're so happy that we got to celebrate his sixth birthday with him!

Anonymous said...

What a great day that was, Owen, when you came into the world. I still cherish that moment as one of the greatest gifts of my life. I'm so proud of the little man you are turning into. Thoughtful, smart, kind, goofy - keep up the great work kiddo! I love you!

Aunt Kirstie

Liana C said...

This was just THE best birthday party! I had so much fun watching all the kids having so much fun! A not-too-hot day, great camaraderie among the "astronauts" and happy-tired at the end of the day. What more could you want?
Nana Liana