Yesterday Elliot and I spent quite a long morning at our favorite library -- huddled in the corners reading books and watching the toy train chugging along its track high above the juvenile fiction stacks. When we emerged we had a choice selection of 9 books and two Cd's (Pirate songs! Cowboy Songs!).
I keep the library books in a basket by the front door so that they don't get mixed in with all the other books stacked around the house, and also seeing them right there reminds me to check their due dates. This method seems to work well for us. Also, it has the added bonus of creating an unusual after school spectacle. With the books right by the front door, it's frequently the first thing we see when we walk in the house, and Owen loves to drop his backpack and dive into the basket the moment he walks in the door -- which leads to enjoyable moments like this:
4 comments:
This capture of the book basket spectacle is priceless! I especially can appreciate the lovely quietness of it all, and it is thrilling to watch Owen's eyes traveling across the written page. Amazing! GG
This capture of the book basket spectacle is priceless! I especially can appreciate the lovely quietness of it all, and it is thrilling to watch Owen's eyes traveling across the written page. Amazing! GG
I love the silence and the sun streaming in... I'm so grateful my boys also share the love of books!
This is so precious and priceless!! I just love it! It is so important to love books and reading! There is worlds of entertainment in good books! What a sweet post!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment