Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Mini-Vacation

Paul is always saying that he wants to take time off work and just stay home and hang out in San Diego. I mean, really, who wouldn't? This place is admittedly beautiful and entertaining and enriching in many ways. BUT, I always remind him that a "stay-cation" (where you vacation in your own hometown) is most definitely not a vacation for me. Staying at home means I still do laundry, dishes, meals, house clean, etc....

Luckily, we've developed a little tradition that is like the sorbet-between-courses of vacations. By that I mean it's a quick little getaway that feels like a real vacation for all of us. And there is nary a dish to wash, or a bed to make or even a cat litter box to scoop. Santa Monica, here we come! It's only a few hours away so there isn't a big travel ordeal involved, and it's just the perfect amount of sightseeing and hanging out by the pool.

Here's what we got up to this time around:

Swimming in the pool.

Discovering Griffith Park.and Travel Town!

Riding the Santa Monica Pier Ferris Wheel.

Exploring the La Brea Tar pits.

Seriously, I took a whole load of pictures so click HERE to see the whole set.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I think vacations like that are even more precious than the ones you have to drive a long way to get to them! It looks like great fun to me! I know you enjoyed it!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

I am happy that you had a lovely "get-away". It seems just the change of pace can infuse us with new energy. I love the pictures - they tell a great story. Happy Birthday, Lisel. GG