It's funny how single parenting can be simultaneously exhausting and somehow easier. Meals are certainly simpler (Owen and Elliot can get unbelievably excited about a very simple healthy meal and really don't care if it's repeated over and over), bedtimes are earlier ( they always stay up later when Daddy does bedtime because they like to linger over the longer and longer chapters of whatever book they are reading whereas I am always boldly calling "Lights out!" after the first chapter).... But I also know that I should expect my own version of jet-lag to take over that will rival Paul's actual jet-lag. I'll call it "mom-lag" -- that utter exhaustion of being the only adult to answer any and all questions, enforce all discipline, cook everything, clean everything, drive everywhere and give all hugs and kisses for the next few weeks.OK, that last part I don't mind :)
Anyway, here's one last hug from Daddy before we dropped him off at the airport today:

3 comments:
Love the new blog look! Smooches to you. Single parenting is an adjustment- I am glad you have a fella you adore who returns home to jog along beside you as you rush from moment to moment of momdom. Today was bittersweet for me as I realized that if I don't initiate mother's day hoopla, there will be none. It made my heart happy to see your beautiful boys, and know you are the kind of mama I'd like to be. xo ht
Lisel, Peggy is home alone a lot because John has to travel a great deal. It IS exhausting but knows they can be thankful he has a good job!! I think I had better add you to my prayer list! You are a sweetheart and we love you!!!
Aunt Carol
Hi Lisel,
I thought I had responded to this blog, but I see I only THOUGHT I did. I was indeed praying for a happy Mother's day for you and I am sorry I did not communicate it well. GG
Post a Comment