No, really, as always I intended to post more summer pictures, but then came school and -- well, stuff.
And here we are getting ready for Halloween. Planning and crafting some pretty cool costumes, settling into a homework routine ( there is a lot of homework!), taking karate lessons, piano lessons, and theatre classes. And yesterday Elliot mentioned something about Santa and I literally gasped. Slow down, year!
Anyway, here are some pictures from the first day for you: Kindergarten for Elliot and 4th grade for Owen.
Leaving for school that first day.
Arriving at school. The first year they are going to the same place every day!
Elliot outside his classroom mustering up the courage to enter. He did pretty well that first drop-off. I could se ehim getting more nervous as we approached the class. The look on his face as I kissed him goodbye says it all:
Gulp.
By the end of the day, however, all was good. His teacher's first remark was "He's such a good listener!". That gave me a laugh, let me tell you.
Anyway this past month has been a whirlwind for them, but every day they look forward to going to school and can't wait to tell me about what they've been doing when I pick them up. So far so good!
4 comments:
We don't care if there's a part 2 as long as you post every now and again1 Wonderful pictures of the boys! And nice to know they are excited not only about Halloween, but about Christmas as well.
Nana Liana
Those pictures are so very very precious!! What two darling darling boys! I hope the year goes fantastically wonderful! Enjoy them, they will soon be off too college! I'm not kidding! Life just seems to happen and all of a sudden they are gone! (I just thought I would cheer you up!!! :-)
Aunt Carol
I tried to go back and get that mom/grandma off of there! I knew it was going to do that!! :-(
Aunt Carol
Wow! I am behind the eight ball here. I am not sure how I missed these post, but I am loving reviewing them this evening. The boys are a delight and, Lisel, your picture of it all painted in words is wonderful. BTW, we just got the school pictures of the boys today! We LOVE them. Bless you, Lisel. God only knows how you keep up the pace. GG
Post a Comment