Saturday, May 13, 2006

Just in time for Mother's Day


Yesterday we had lunch at a park with my friend Joanna and her kids Pearce and Makenna. Joanna and I haven't seen each other in a long while ( 8 months or so) and it is absolutely amazing to me how much our kids have grown.

They have become such complete human beings, with clear likes and dislikes, independent thoughts, creative brainstorms and heartfelt, true emotions unsullied by adult embarassment. Even though Owen has been bouncing off the walls a little lately and driving Paul and me crazy with his 2 year old self, I know I have to take the time to sit down and really appreciate who he is and who he is becoming.

I know it's a cliche, but time flies and before you know it the kids are all grown up.

For a very sappy (sad but sweet) reminder of how much we should cherish these moments, read this article: http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20060513/news_1c13clifford.html


Happy Mother's Day to everyone!

No comments: