OK, so I know every Mommy thinks their child is brilliant and way ahead of the curve..... but listen to this: I already discussed how Elliot has been crawling. Well, when we got back from Kansas City, he decided that crawling was for babies. He stands, he pulls himself up, he lets go and tries to walk! This is no joke. He just turned 7 months old yesterday, folks.
I can't put him down or leave him anywhere because the first thing he does is look for the nearest leverage point, crawls to it and then pulls himself up. He squeals with delight and lets go with one hand and looks around, then toddles along the edge of whatever furniture he's grabbing.
Forget watching him sit and play with all the cool baby toys. Forget letting him play in the living room while I... oh, I don't know, go to the bathroom? shower? sit down for a moment? Nope, he is on the move and I have to follow him around to protect him from the inevitable head bonk when he loses his balance. Is it too late to install wall to wall rubber flooring in our house?
At least he gets to play the piano during our Family Music Hour:
Notice him up on his tiptoes to reach the keys? Yesterday I watched as he pulled himself OFF THE FLOOR with his arms. He hung in the air for a moment before realizing he didn't have contact with the ground then he got really freaked out. You and me both, kid.
6 comments:
I feel your pain. Duncan crawled at 5 mos, pulled up at 6 and did exactly what your honey is up to at 7 months. Here's the really bad news- he walked (FAST) at 8 months. Good luck Mama! - ht
ps- expecting boy #2 Jan. 25th.
His agility is stunning!! I can attest to his speed and determination, and the concern of leaving him unattended for even one moment. Elmer and I saw it first hand while babysitting last Sunday. Owen's job description just got a whole lot tougher! GG
Wow - so much has happened in a week! What a thrill and a scare all at once. What an amazing family of high achievers! Let me know when you need a break and I'll let you know when I need some more exercise!
Aunt Kirstie
I just love to see little babies' sweet little bodies!!! Now they don't get much cuter than this picture!! He surely wants to be a muscian for sure. He gets that honest enough.
Owen, I'm so sorry you got that ugly cold. That is the way it goes when you first go to school until you can build up that immunity!!! Rats!!! I'm sure your teacher misses her star student!!!
Aunt Carol
Wow! Elliot is quite the little muscle man! We're so impressed by his rapid acquisition of skills. The activity level at your house must be through the roof!
--Bethany and Evan
My oh my
We kind of knew this was going to happen after Elliot's demonstrations in Kansas City, but this is astounding...good luck! Do you need a new pair of track shoes...?
You are also fortunate that Owen is enjoying school (despite the germ warfare). He and Elliot are fascinating to watch, they also teach us so much.
Love to all
dzia dzia
Post a Comment