Owen is LOVING school. Thriving, growing, developing new friends, becoming more independent ( in a good way), and that doesn't include the "academic" part of what he's getting. It's hard to believe he's learned so much in just three weeks.
While he's in school, I'm trying to organize my life in such a way that ensures that I can spend time playing with him and enjoying his company in the afternoon. As busy as he is in the mornings at school, in the afternoons we've been working on Legos, puzzles, music, art, bike riding, park outings, playing soccer, and other fun stuff. Not all at once, of course, but we are definitely keeping busy.
Elliot tries his hand at soccer:
Elliot helps Owen at the piano:
Also, we've finally begun having regular museum outings on our Free Tuesdays here. It's ridiculous to me that I've lived in San Diego 8 years and haven't taken advantage of this yet... So for the past month, every Tuesday I've picked Owen up from school and we head to the park to see what museum we can explore.... or what art we can crawl in, on top of and around:
I'm having a lot of fun with the boys these days. Elliot is into everything and I mean EVERYTHING. It's actually better when we get out of the house and do stuff, because otherwise I literally spend all day pulling Elliot away from what interests him most (usually something he's not supposed to be into). Although, sometimes I do let him explore, like tonight he helped us as we unloaded the dishwasher:
He climbed up there all by himself, by the way. He is so solid and strong, its truly astonishing!!
4 comments:
I've finally gotten caught up with all of the blogs in the last week and a half. So I can say that you do a great job of keeping up the blog because I was about four or five enteries beind!!! Wow, Elliott you are some child!! I love you to death. I wish I could see you in person. Owen, I can tell that you are going to be a great student. I predict a doctor some day, and God only knows we need good doctors. Don't be so hard on yourself Lisel, you do a great job being with your boys and giving them time. You can get the bathrooms cleaned more regularly after they are both in school all day.
I love you all,
Aunt Carol
We love Owen's and Elliot's shoes :D - Your cousins Annie, Matthew, Josh
How adorable! I have to admit the shoes make quite a statement to growing feet. I love the pictures. It is especially notable how Elliot throws himself into his work. I'm sure you emptied the dishwasher in half the time. :>)
Sorry, I forgot to sign my comments GG
Post a Comment