Saturday, November 10, 2007

Maturity, Responsibility, Knowledge




Item 1: We were in the car the other day and Owen was talking about something and I said "What? I can't hear you" and he said ""No, no, no, Mommy!!!!! I was just talking to Elliot" and I swear I could hear in his voice how he was rolling his eyes when he said it.... then he continued telling Elliot whatever it was he was saying..... after my initial thought of "Cool, I love how they keep each other company", my next thought was "Oh no, the secrets are starting already?????? He's four going on 14!!!!!"


Item 2: A few weeks ago one Saturday, I was nursing Elliot into an afternoon nap in the bedroom while Paul and Owen were playing in the living room. Paul was "playing" with Owen while lying down on the couch and resting his eyes a little... well, Owen knew what had to be done... he said "DADDY!!!! Be responsible and wake up and PLAY with me!!!!!!!!"


Item 3: Other news? He counts to 100 easily and with only one or two prompts along the way, AND he knows all his continents:



Oh, and Owen has been learning to read! Tonight we went out for dinner and he was so excited to be able to sound out the signs in the "C-O-F-F-E-E ... Coffee!!!!!" Shop. "Where is another sign for me to read, Mommy?" He was sooooo eager and proud. What a fantastic world is opening up to him with this newfound ability.










3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I think he's getting smarter than his Aunt Carol. I'd better start studying!!!!

Aunt carol

Anonymous said...

Owen, Grandpa and Grandma are very impressed with all that you are learning - you absorb it all with such ease. We love you very much.
GG & GG

Anonymous said...

Owen, day after day you show us how much you love to learn. Such a keener. Clearly the apple doesn't fall far from the tree!
Nana