Friday, November 02, 2007

Peace and Quiet

Elliot's teething has gotten OUT OF CONTROL this week. He currently has two bottom teeth, two top teeth and four more (yes, 4!!!) coming in. His sleep has been less than ideal, and to top it off seems to be getting yet another cold.... Last night was awful. He could not get comfortable and was tossing and turning and whimpering and crying pretty much all night. For the second ( or third?) time this week, I brought him into bed with me and he nursed all night long while I twisted my back to get comfortable and tried to keep him from crawling off the big bed while he squirmed in discomfort. Paul slept on the couch.

So, Owen's at school right now and Elliot's finaly taking his nap. Instead of washing dishes, mopping the kitchen floor, doing laundry or cleaning up the toys in the living room, I decided I would sit outside in the cool fall air, drink a cup of coffee and browse the internet.

I'm feeling a little bit like I'm wasting my morning..... but at the same time it's quite lovely and relaxing.

Sounds I hear: birds twittering, dogs barking secret messages to each other, leaves rustling in the breeze, hummingbirds fluttering their tiny little wings, ohhhhhhh and Elliot crying. Well, times up on my peaceful morning ( I think I got a 10 minutes break!!!! Wahooo!!!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

With that kind of a scenario you must take every break you can. At least there is one good thing about it---he's getting it all over with at once. Lisa's kids had a hard time cutting teeth and when Max was born I said----oh no, there is going to be another mouth to fill with teeth! That is such a tough time for kids. Look at it this way, when the kid is crying for no reason at all you can always blame the teeth!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

The thought of his sore gums makes me hurt. May those teeth come to the surface fast and with minimal pain. GG