I'm having an affair and I think I'm in love. It's not a secret or anything, but I feel it's time to step up and embrace it -- nay, celebrate it.
I love Coffee. I live for it. It's the first thing I want when I wake up in the morning. I dream about stopping at a coffee shop sometime during every day-- in fact I almost always manage to factor it in to any errand running I need to do. ( Pet store? There's a Peet's Coffee! Grocery store? There's a Java Hut! Target? Sure!!!!!!!! There's a Starbucks drive through right near there!)
Without it I'm dull, tired, listless and unable to complete a coherent thought. With it? I'm on a roll, man! I can do anything and anything seems possible! My to-do list gets longer and I'm excited about it! Another round of Candyland? You betcha!
Ok, so it's a drug. But boy is it a good one.
As a kid, I remember seeing my mom and dad drinking their Columbian espressos and I would think: YUCK!!!! Why do adults drink coffee? It's disgusting! Well, I was so, so wrong.
Mom, Dad: Now I understand. I just had to have kids to truly appreciate the joy of a good cup of joe.
4 comments:
Ah, coffee. I love it too. Evan makes a pot every morning and brings it upstairs on a tray and I drink several cups before I even get out of bed. My mom told me that she thought coffee was gross until she had kids (twins!) and was thoroughly sleep-deprived so my dad forced her to try it, and she fell in love with it and has been addicted ever since. For my part, I think it's a happy, happy addiction.
Oh, Lisel, you and Aunt Dort would totally and completely agree. You absolutely must spend some time with her. I know one thing, once you are addicted don't stop cold turkey!!! Oh the headache you'll have!! :-) Just enjoy!
Aunt Carol
I use to be in your league, but I have to admit - I have become much more discerning regarding my coffee choices. Sad, but true. If the coffee has sat for more then 15 minutes you can count me out. If it has cooled even the slightest from the freshness of the last drop filtering through the drip chamber, I say, "No Thank you." If the brand is slightly off color, it is easy to pass it by. BUT a fresh, full bodies (preferably organic), steaming (and I do mean steaming) pot of coffee finds me standing first in line. Enjoy Bethany and Lisel. GG
What goes around comes around...what a legacy
Dzia Dzia
Post a Comment