Saturday, July 19, 2008

meet Harold, my new babysitter

I let the kids watch tv very rarely... occasionally a little bit of Sesame Street or a Thomas the Tank Engine video. But I saw this at the library a couple of weeks ago and since they love the book, I thought I'd give it a go.

Let's just say, sometimes you absolutely need 30 minutes of this:




4 comments:

HT said...

We're also an almost zero tv for kids house. The exception is during nail cutting- Duncan sits very still for me providing Sesame Street's Elmo's World is on. I taped just two and cycle them. Duncan will periodically say midweek- "I think my nails need cutting"
I will check out Harold though- it looks nice and calm visually...

Anonymous said...

This is too cute!! They are glued to that machine!!! I cheer you on with little screen time!! However, I agree, if you know it is pure, it is just plain good to have a bit of a rest. I fall prey to this myself when the kids are here for a length at a time!!!!! Great job! Go, Lisel!! Look at what all Owen learns when he isn't totally taken up by a screen

Anonymous said...

This the epitome of serenity. No sound in the house except "Harold" with two mesmerized boys taking in every word. Adorable picture - it makes me smile! GG

Anonymous said...

As you probably figured out I forgot to sign my name to my comment. That comes from the fact that I don't have to sign my name in the family blog because it is already there! :-) How quickly we get use to things!! I wrote the first anonymous comment and I remained anonymous!!! what a riot!!

Aunt Carol