Saturday, July 05, 2008

We all scream for Ice Cream


We have been busy, busy, busy planning and preparing and creating fun adventures for tomorrow's Pirate Birthday Party. Yes, Owen has requested a pirate theme for his 5th birthday. And I said I would do it, but only if he helped -- and boy has he been excited about it! We've had the paints, the markers, the cardboard, and the brain juices flowing these past few days as we gleefully imagined all the fun we could have.

So, I'm saving all our prep pictures for you to see the final product....

For now, I'll show you our favorite part of the 4th of July: eating ice cream late on a summer evening.


Here's how it's done:


Or you can use your hands for a messier, textural experience (especially cool to the under 2 set)...

Hope you had a nice 4th of July! And see you after the Pirate Party!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate the 4th!! It looks so uncluttered with all of the extras! Just simple family fun outside. Owen, I'm looking forward to your drawings! Elliot, Oh you are so very normal and that is so good!!! We love you just the way you are!!

Aunt Carol