Monday, May 03, 2010

A spring weekend round-up

Saturday: Rehearsal, KidsFest, Coffee shop, impromptu picnic dinner at Balboa Park's organ pavilion, then running around past bedtime doing obstacle courses through the park -- and a leisurely drive home so the kids could fall asleep in the car....

Sunday: Gardening (tomato plants are in the ground now), yard work, watching a swarm of bees make a quick overnight stop on our tree, grocery shopping, our favorite dinner spot and a little frozen yogurt treat on a cool Sunday evening.

Sometimes I wonder whatever happened to those leisurely weekend breakfasts where I lingered over coffee and read the Sunday New York Times and Paul and I did the crossword puzzle off and on all day (or all week, depending on the difficulty level). Sometimes I wonder what happened to going out late to dinner and then to a bar to cozy up and chat in the hubbub of strangers and friends. Sometimes I wonder what happened to sitting still and reading for a few minutes on the patio, while the Sunday sunshine warmed my toes.

Sometimes I wonder...

but I don't miss it at all.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

A very full week-end, I'd say. Sounds like the bees rather enjoy making a stop to your back yard - very cool. Isn't exciting to see your gardening efforts come to fruition. My imagination is heightened when I think of tasting those tomatoes! Freshly picked and served "garden tomatoes" is an experience I have always greatly enjoyed. May your garden produce a bumper corp. GG