Friday, May 28, 2010

This week in pictures

I honestly don't know what happened to this week. Wasn't it just Monday morning?

Here are a few images from our week:

  • A walk on our favorite pier:
  • A Flower Rainbow:
  • A kitchen experiment (Elliot's recipe: flour, sugar, salt, pecans, nutmeg, milk):

  • A photo by Elliot:

Happy Memorial Day weekend everyone!

3 comments:

Joe and Kirsten said...

Fabulous photos - the week went fast because you were busy doing all that fun stuff! Kirst

Anonymous said...

I read your blog to Clara and she LOVED it. She was then very inspired to make some "dough" as well. So while Elmer and Evan were out running errands and Bethany was resting/tending to Jane, Clara and I "put together a recipe (It naturally evolved into a "tea cake"). Clara knew pretty much knew what ingredients she wanted to use, but volume control was a bit challenging. She knew it needed to be a tiny tea cake, so I got out a 1/4 cup and 1/3 cup measure plus a 1/4 and 1/2 teaspoons. From there it was truly a process of measuring volumes combinations that would make a good textured cake. When I ask her how much SALT we should in she said, "Oh! we will just sprinkle some on the top" and when I suggested that 1/4 tsp cinnamon would probably be adequate, she felt strongly that 1/2 tsp would be better. The recipe is established in "Clara's First Recipe Book" and the ingredient list includes: flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, a "pinch of nutmeg", canola oil, flour and vanilla. She concluded that she could "eat this for five days!"

Just wanted you to know, Elliot, that you inspired Clara to make a lovely tea cake, however; I noticed that a couple of the family members discretely left their portions of tea cake on their plates at the end of the meal. (sigh!) GG

Anonymous said...

Well, now, pictures are such a favorite! I love love love pictures!! Besides when you have such cute little boys doing such cute little things it is the height of special!!! I love the flower rainbow, and I would love to taste Elliot's creation!!! Thank you Lisel! I enjoyed the post!!!

Aunt Carol