Yesterday after school, I saw Owen puttering around the house from room to room with a satisfied half smile on his face and a hum on his lips. Then he came up to me excitedly said:
"Mom! Listen to this sentence!! I lightly and carefully walked through the colorful coldness."
"Wow, where did you read that one?" I asked him.
"I was just thinking about those words at school today and thought they sounded neat when I put them together like that."
Another writer in the family perhaps?
And I forgot to relay this little gem from Elliot: the other day we were making vehicles out of cardboard boxes and Elliot's became, of course, a red fire truck. Owen decided to make his a blue sports car. For some reason, Elliot kept calling it a Chinese Sports Car. Owen and I couldn't figure out why on earth it was supposed to be Chinese... until I realized Elliot was thinking "shiny" sports car.
4 comments:
Owen, that is just a beautiful sentence. When you write your first book I want a copy!! Elliot, you are a laugh a minute!!! What a guy you are. We just love you two guys!!
Aunt Carol
Owen and Elliot,
Writing, crafting sentences, art work, digging in the dirt, and building cars and firetrucks,you two guys are absolutely the best.
Dzia Dzia
It is quite obvious that there are some "writer's genes" bursting forth, Owen. I really like your sentence. I am wondering if will see pictures of the cardboard fire truck and the "Chinese sport's car". We love you two boys so very much!! GG
Precious!
Post a Comment