Monday, July 26, 2010

Professional Photos

I love casual snapshots, and I love taking photos, but I don't have the time or inclination to sit there and use all the photo-editing software required to properly saturate and enhance and crop and all the other stuff necessary to make the photos look like professional shots. Also, I don't have the fancy lenses and ability to make my kids look at the camera, or even in the same direction, long enough to take a great portrait.

Which is why, whenever my playgroup organizes a photo shoot, I stand right in line. I've had some wonderful shots of the boys over the years from a couple of really good photographers in town: Carey Schumacher of Barefoot Memories and Kim Curran of Kim Curran Photography.

A month ago we had another series of shots with Barefoot Memories, and here are my favorites:
My point and shoot camera could never get this!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG these are wonderful! The picture of Owen and Elliot is fabulous, even though Elliot doesn't look that happy!

And my dear, you and Kirsten both take wonderful family shots, so don't put your skills down.

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos.

Nana Liana

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the pictures. What great memories to have.
And, BTW, I agree with Nana Liana, you do take excellent pictures, Lisel and we get to enjoy it because of your diligence. GG

Anonymous said...

OH, what precious pictures!!!!! I love those boys! Yes, it is fun to have them done professionally at time! I love you guys!

Aunt Carol

Laura Lee said...

AH! Your boys are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Such great pics!