August was kind of an odd and weird and wonderful month. Although there were some not so good times (saying goodbye to my kitty Isabelle who has been with me for 14 years was a definite low point)... there were also the highest of highs. So much has happened in the past few weeks it's a little hard to encapsulate it into newsy tidbit form. But, what the heck, I'll try anyway.
I will say that our 10 day vacation to the Pacific Northwest was spectacularly amazing, delightful, relaxing, invigorating, educational, and just plain lovely. We took loads of photos and I will post some highlights and stories soon, but here's the link to our Flickr photos if you want a sneak peek and to see the happiest of smiles on all of us.
And, coming back to reality here at home: Owen starts 2nd grade in a week, I've got a new job at a theatre company as well as respectable acting gigs lined up for the next year (!!!) as well as a co-op preschool to organize, a garden to re-plant and a house to manage. Looks like this fall will be productive and exciting... or just plain busy? It's a little too early to tell.
Stay tuned!
4 comments:
Fantastic pictures! It looks like you all had a wonderful time. A perfect way to end the summer and gear up for the busy fall.
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. They are lovely and will hold memories for many years to come. We are praying for Owen's school year and Elliot's co-op preschool. We know they will succeed. GG
Thanks for sharing your pictures with us. They are lovely and will hold memories for many years to come. We are praying for Owen's school year and Elliot's co-op preschool. We know they will succeed. GG
Wow!! It looks like you had a heap of fun! You even had a motel named after Elliot! Unbelievable! Owen, I hope you have a fantastic second grade year and, Elliot, preschool will be honored to have a sharp little cookie like you! Lisel, you sound like your upcoming days and months are going to be obnoxiously busy! I just came through a busy summer and I'm ready to slow down a bit!! Have a great fall and school year everyone!!
Aunt Carol
Post a Comment