What a wonderful time we had over the break. We celebrated with family in all shapes and sizes: from intimate dinners and small exchanges of gifts -- to feasts and family parties -- to sprawling holiday get togethers with extended, extended families and distant relations.
And now were are trying to get back into our daily life. Back to school and back to doing all those things that are necessary but not always enjoyable to grease the wheels of our daily rhythm.
I'm finding it a little hard to jump back in this year. 2011. It sounds like such a big number.
As I was cleaning off my desk the other day, I came across a rambling note of "Big Project" goals for 2010 that I had set for myself. I was surprised to see how many things on that list I had accomplished or made progress towards. And, I was a little disheartened by the things that semed so important to me last January and for one reason or another slipped out of my sights and got lost. Maybe they really weren't that important after all? Or maybe it's just the setting down of goals that is important?
One goal I think I can manage: enjoy Life with Owen and Elliot.
2 comments:
Awww.. that was sweet! You didn't mention the passing of your grandpa. I wanted to send a card and do you think I got it done! I'm sure that was hard on you to see that generation go! Blessings on your new year!God go with you all of the way!
Aunt Carol
I, too, am happy to be back to a routine - sort of. It seems there is alway new things that encroach on our routine, but then wouldn't it truly be boring to stick to one routine without throwing in some spontaneity and change of pace.
I like it that you posted the picture of the boys in the bamboo forest. It's adorable. GG
Post a Comment