Monday, June 16, 2008

Ouch.


Elliot's new favorite game is to wait for me to look at him and then run fast in the opposite direction with a gleeful smile on his face and a squeal of delight. On Saturday he learned that running downhill on a concrete driveway with reckless abandon is not as fun as it seems. Especially when Mommy is running behind him yelling "STOP!!!!!". Especially when he runs on his tiptoes.
I think I will relive that moment of his fall/dive over and over in my head and every time I will get that same sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach. Luckily, he still smiles and thinks life is pretty cool. Luckily he's got a big brother to keep him happy.

P.S. We were parked when I took this video, so please no worrying about me crashing the car!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OUCH, is right!! It is painful to consider that darling little head bouncing off the cement driveway. I am praying it heals quickly and completely. Elliot, your spontaneity is so delightful, but you have to look out for those downhill slopes, especially the cement ones! Grandpa and Grandma love you every much! GG

Anonymous said...

Oh, Elliot, you make my head hurt. I'm glad I wasn't there. I probably would have had to cry with you. I know that Owen is helping you overcome, though! Wasn't God good to give you an older brother that loves you so much!! I hope you heal quickly!!

Aunt Carol

Shama-Lama Mama said...

Oh no! Poor little guy. I hope he is not as crazy as one of my twins, Luka, who was taken to the emergency room TWICE before the age of two with head wounds.

I am about to get a helmet for the kid.

Elaine said...

Yeah, it hurts just looking at those wounds! At least they heal quickly at this age.