But somehow it was all so sweet and nice. I decided as a birthday gift to myself I wouldn't get frustrated with the kids over minor infractions and would just "go with the flow" all day. We played together and cuddled and instead of me trying so hard to GET THINGS DONE I just did a little bit here and a little bit there until before I knew it, we were all in great moods and all my chores were done.
Amazing. And quite possibly the best lesson I could learn. Happy Birthday to me!
Plus, Paul took us out to my new favorite restaurant for dinner. Delicious.
Good times. And many more to follow, I hope.
7 comments:
Happy birthday! And what great advice for having a good one...
YAY!! Happy Birthday to you!
I have been hearing a lot about the Linkery. I am gonna have to go check it out.
Lisel, you are absolutely precious!!! You are a good mom!! Isn't it interesting how we learn things in such simple ways. Happy Birthday, my dear! I didn't even know it was coming up. Thanks, Paul, for honoring her with a nice dinner out!! She was well deserving!!
Aunt Carol
Happy Birthday! So thrilled you managed to have a nice day and get everything done. I could learn a lot from that.
Belated birthday wishes to you. I am sorry to say, I/we are feeling a bit displaced since the car accident and every maneuver take 3-4 times the the "normal". I am happy that your report of the day's events seemed to suit all of you. The "Linkery" sounds like a great place for a celebration. Love you. GG
Happy belated birthday, Lisel! It sounds like you had a wonderful day--and we're so glad!
Happy Birthday Lisel!!
So great it was ZEN. :)
Post a Comment