Friday, April 23, 2010

Someday he'll have his own blog.

Elliot asked me to take dictation for this entry today. He has a story he'd like to tell:

Once upon a time there was a boy named Rudy who liked phones and there was a show about phones right at the theatre. Yep. The actors did this to the phones (here Elliot mimes closing a clam shell cell phone) and they played music in their phones. The theatre is attached to my grocery shop. People bring cats here and I sell them cat food. You take them off the shelf and put them back, back, back there. Some boxes are packaged with phones so you can get them if you need one at the cat store. I also sell food for people, and computers, and buttons, and printers. The buttons are on the printers. I have printers at my store. Rudy shopped at my store and then he went to the phone show where the actor opened and closed the phones and sang into it. There was just music and the actor didn't say something in the music (here Elliot shows me lip syncing). But the boy Rudy didn't hear the music.

(here I asked "what happened next?")

He died. When he was a big adult. That's the end.

(Not much in the denouement department, but I love the stream of consciousness storytelling and the acting out parts he can't describe.--Lisel)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how precious!!! You can tell he and Clara are cousins!!! Keep going Elliot, you and Clara are going to be authors of famous books! I love it, Lisel, that you took time to sit down and write this!!! Bless you. What a mom!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Wonder where he gets his imagination from?! Great story! Hugs to all - we miss you! Kirst

Anonymous said...

Now this is a great story. The store sounds something like the old "Variety Store". It, too, had a large collection of unrelated items. Now I could be wrong about Elliot's story - maybe the items in his store did some some relationship and maybe I just missed it. Anyway, it is a fun tale! GG