Sunday, May 09, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Right before Paul and Owen went out to get me scones and coffee this morning, Owen said to me:

"Mom? I'm so happy that you love me and I love you, it almost makes me want to cry."


Elliot is still asleep (at 8:30 in the morning!!!!!!) and I'm sitting here in my pajamas pondering how on earth I became so lucky to have such wonderful boys to teach me about being a mother.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Moms out there, including this lovely who decided a nest right outside my kitchen window would be the perfect place to mother her own little fledglings:

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awww... how sweet is that! Owen, you are such a precious little boy!

The picture of the bird nesting was an absolutely gorgeous picture! It hardly looked real Have a wonderful mothers day, Lisel!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Lisel you are loved by many, but somehow it is very very special when your young son is able to express himself so sincerely regarding his love for you and having the assurance of your love for him. It almost makes ME cry. THE picture of the dove certainly speaks to the tender care of mothering as well. It is beautiful. HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY! GG

Anonymous said...

Oh what a sweet adorably sensitive boy you have! Makes my heart flutter to think of him being so caring and loving. And the dove finally had her babies! You'd think the hubbub of the kids and the kitchen right there would spook her but she seems content to do her thing. How lovely is that? Happy Mother's Day to a phenomenal mom!!!

Love you!
Nana Liana

Anonymous said...

I love you Lisel, but sometimes I fear that my own child understands this better than me...

Paul

Anonymous said...

Absolutely precious on so many levels! Thank you for sharing. Love you! Kirst