Monday, May 17, 2010

Monday To-Do List

I woke up this morning with a pinched sciatic nerve and a gray sky overhead and the knowledge that Paul will be home late from work today. And, although this makes me feel like crawling back into bed and watching movies all day, that is obviously not an option.

So the question is, what will this Monday be?

Is this the day I tackle all the to-do list items that I've been ignoring and re-writing on a new to-do list every day? Because that's how I feel I accomplish things, by crossing them off my daily list and simply re-writing them on another, cleaner, newer list. Some of you may scoff at me writing lists at all, but what can I say, I crave some sense of order, however manufactured.

Is this the day I let Elliot watch Sesame Street while I spend some time writing and reading and knitting? Thereby pretending that I have free time?

Is this the day for running errands and going shopping for yet another pair of shoes for Owen's rapidly growing, long, lean and tall feet?

Is this the day that Elliot and I go find a corner of our world that we haven't explored recently, and spend hours turning over rocks and shells in the overcast gray?

The possibilities are there... and, perversely, that gray sky is making me feel open to whatever might come my way.

My New To-Do List:
1. Breathe.
2. Enjoy the moment.
3. Get outside.

I'll start with these three.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That to do list sounds as wonderful and complete as it can get! We'll see how the day actually progressed! I have a feeling Elliot is in for a great day!!

Have fun!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

You know, I like starting at the beginning and getting that done first! That's a great concept! I, too, will be interested in knowing how your day progressed. GG

Anonymous said...

A day inside is a day lost!

dzia dzia