Sunday, June 15, 2008

Father's Day

Yesterday Owen and Paul fixed the kitchen faucet which required not 1 but 2 trips to Home Depot and quite a lot of banging around in the tool box and under the sink.
But before they went to the hardware store, they had to get dressed. Paul got dressed first and then Owen spent quite some time rummaging around in his drawers looking for the perfect shirt. He was looking for a very specific shirt and finally he came to me and described which one he wanted... he was quite forlorn that he couldn't find it and we couldn't understand why he wouldn't wear any of his other shirts... Finally, I found it for him in the clean laundry pile and then I fully realized that he had been searching for that shirt so he could look just like Daddy. I had to get a picture of the finished product.


Then, this morning we went to our usual coffee spot where Paul got to read the funnies, we went for a bike ride down by the bay, and then home for a fun afternoon of R & R in the hammock and a rousing game of Sorry!



I hope your Father's day was the happiest ever. We love you, Paul!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah, my boys... A highlight of my day was walking with my arm around Owen's shoulder and his around mine.

He's not tall enough to do that yet really. Unless, of course, he's walking on a short beach wall and I'm walking on the boardwalk next to him.

Paul

Anonymous said...

I love that picture!

Anonymous said...

Owen, you are one NEAT young man. Now you are learning plumbing along with all your other accomplishments. And I can't help but believe that your looking so earnestly for that specific shirt so you would match your dad's look was just about the best tribute you could have given to your dad for Father's day. Great picture! Happy Father's Day, Paul. GG

Anonymous said...

Aaawww!! Owen, you touch my very soul!!! I guess we all should be striving to be like our Heavenly Father and you are teaching me just that!! You are one precious boy and I know that you warmed your daddy's heart like nothing else could do--not even a big expensive gift!!

I love you all,
Aunt Carol