Friday, June 06, 2008

Last Day of Preschool

My baby is growing up.

I totally cried today when I picked him up from Pre-School for the last time... knowing that Owen won't see those teachers again, those friends again, or that school again. He gave extra hugs to friends and teachers and when we got in the car he said :"Can I go back to Montessori? I know! Maybe we can go back and visit this summer!" I asked him what he liked most about Pre-school and he said "Well, ALL of it was pretty nice!" I looked at him in the back seat and saw his innocence and his inexperience shimmering off him and realized that ignorance can be bliss when you don't understand the permanence of goodbye.

Next stop: Vacation. Summer Camp. Kindergarten.

Does it get harder every year?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When Peggy left for school the first day I think I cried until about noon. That just means you are tender hearted, Lisel. That is actually good!! I bet he did think all of it was actually pretty good. I bet those teachers hated to see him go, also!!! He is going to be a joy wherever he goes.

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

Goodbyes are the toughest when you care a lot! I got a more than a little teary eyed myself while reading your account of Owen's good-byes. What a sweet little heart he has. I sure those extra hugs were genuine love for his teachers and class mates. GG