Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Pooh Sticks

Ok, I admit that blog title sounds nasty, but those of you who are fans of A.A. Milne will know exactly what I'm talking about. The Winnie the Pooh stories have been favorites of our boys for a very long time. They never get tired of hearing them and we never get tired of reading them. As a result, when we happen to find ourselves near a river bed, one of us inevitably shouts "Time for Pooh sticks!" and throws in a leaf or a twig to watch it drift downstream.

Last Friday we had another Winnie the Pooh moment. It had been an overcast and slightly rainy week, but Friday was beautiful and sunny so after school I took the boys to our neighborhood park. There was a lot of running and climbing and digging in the sand. We kicked the soccer ball for awhile with our neighbors who had joined us there...

Before long we found ourselves building a house for Eeyore:For the rest of the afternoon, I found myself humming: "Tiddely-POM, tiddely-POM, the more it snows, tiddely-POM!

I love how those stories sneak up and join us on our days.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww... what a sweet blog!! Nice house for Eeyore, guys!! Bill adored the record that we use to have about Winnie the Pooh on a blustery day! What fun! He loved it as much as the kids!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

I love this entry. What a lovely way to spend the afternoon!! Eeyore's house has real potential there. I like it's rustic look. I still love the Pooh stories. GG