Friday, April 02, 2010

Spring Break: Day 5

Today was an excellent day. The whole week has been grand, really. We've spent much of the week visiting friends, playing in the backyard, running errands and wearing our pajamas well into the day... but today was an excellent cap to a wonderful week. We started with the boys sleeping until 8am. That's pretty late in our house. Then they played together so sweetly until mid-morning while I did my chores (dishes, laundry, etc).
Then, we went to the beach for our first beach visit of the year. The weather was beautiful -- not too hot and not too cold -- a great day to remind us how lucky we are to live where we live. Again, the boys played together so well that I found myself with a glimmer of hope thinking I might be able to take a book to the beach this summer!!!!!


The afternoon was filled with mundane everyday tasks: grocery shopping, a dentist appointment, cleaning up the toys. But somehow, it was all just sweeter than usual. Oh! We also made stove-top playdough, and then we made real dough for our Friday night pizzas....

Aah. Vacation.

Wish you were here:



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

The Grand Finale, so to speak. I am amazed at the variety of activities and that was with sleeping in until 8 AM. Looks like there the beginnings of a couple of pizza chefs there. GG

Liana C said...

Love the video! And I can't wait till summer to go to the beach with the boys! Owen was so adventurous last summer that he'll be outrageous THIS summer for sure! Elliot was so pleased to tell me yesterday that he had gotten his pants wet at the beach - a marker of a great day for him apparently.
You are such a great Mom!!! And those pizzas I'll be were delicious! Send me the recipe!

Nana Liana

Liana C said...

Ooops - just realied how odd that sounded "got his pants wet". Don't mean it that way - I mean that he was giggling as he said that the waves got his pants wet. Shoulda been more clear!

Nana Liana

Anonymous said...

We wish we could be there too! Looks like a fantastic spring break filled with all sorts of great activities. Love it and love all of you! Joe and Kirst

Aunt Carol said...

Oh, my goodness!!! What a great time! I almost wished I was on the beach with you!!!!!! Fun stuff! God bless you Lisel! What a mom!!!

Aunt Carol

Aunt Carol said...

Well, I did it again!!! :-) :-)

Aunt Carol