Saturday, March 06, 2010

Broken TV's and Saturday mornings

No, we don't let our boys watch cartoons. No, I don't think that's unfair. Elliot gets a little Sesame Street now and then, and Owen has a favorite DVD we got him for Christmas called "Some Assembly Required" which is a totally amazing show from Discovery Channel which talks about how things are made... at any rate I just didn't want you to get the wrong impression from this blog post title. Saturday mornings and TV usually do NOT go together in this house.

However, this was the image in our house this Saturday morning:
What can I say? Paul is the type of guy whose first instinct when something stops working is to take the thing apart. Definitely not my first line of attack to a problem, but excellent for entertaining the kids on a lazy Saturday morning. Sad to say, the TV was not fixable, but I confess to being as enthralled as the boys at seeing the mysterious inner workings of the idiot box.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about the TV, but what a photo op!! The expressions (x3) are priceless. I am seriously wondering if Owen and Elliot will be able to do the next TV repair. There was some intense learning going on from the bench. It all brought a smile to our faces:>) GG

Anonymous said...

The look on the kids faces says it all! And I remember that we wouldn't let you and Kirsten watch much TV either, so obviously something "stuck". No wonder the boys like the Discover channel show, since it's about putting things together. Look at their Dad! What a role model he is! Priceless!!!

Nana Liana

Anonymous said...

If that isn't a riot!!! You'd think those guys were watching some fantastic video!! Paul, enjoy every minute of that much attention. When they are teenagers, somehow, they think that you've lost a bit of your brain power! How good it is that you are keeping them involved!!! Some day they will know just what to do!

Aunt Carol