Monday, March 29, 2010

Spring Break: Day 1

Owen is home from school for a whole week!

So far, my morning has gone pretty much the way it always does except that it is two hours later than usual for me to be sitting down to drink my morning coffee and update the blog. However, at 10 am, I have already vacuumed, cleaned the kitchen, done 3 loads of laundry, washed the dishes, and gone next door to feed the neighbors' pets while they are on vacation.

Next up, we will be spending this gorgeous Monday working in the yard. Owen and Elliot love to help with the weeding, although it takes a little longer with Owen because he is always halting the progress to move earthworms out of the way of the hoe and shovel....

More plans for the day? Maybe some art, maybe trying to put a box around our garden strawberries so that out backyard tortoise doesn't eat them all before we do, maybe some bike riding, baking cookies, making muffins, piano lessons, playing fire trucks.

Wow, this is sounding like an awesome vacation so far although it's not that much different from our every day. Now Owen gets to play too, though!

Maybe tomorrow, something more vacation-y will be on the schedule!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! You are something else! You have gotten a lot accomplished for it only being 10:00 AM. Remind me never to try to outdo you!!! It sounds like a fantastic vacation for the boys! They get to play and work together. Both are so important to produce good grown men!! :-) I have a feeling you're are going to have one fantastic week! Enjoy every minute with your beautiful little men!!

Aunt Carol

Anonymous said...

What a great way to start a vacation. Congratulations...Owen is on the right track, we need those earthworms. Enjoy!!!!

love,

Dzia Dzia

Anonymous said...

I love it that Owen is sensitive to the well-being of the earthworms. I agree with Dzia Dzia - we need those earthworms!

Since I am going backwards in to the blog (to catch up), I already know how entertaining the last couple of days have been. Looks like you are making the best of the week. GG