Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for aching to see pictures and stories of the boys the way you do. It gives me so much pleasure to share these with you! And, after my Mom, my Dad, my Sister, Ruth and Elmer, and Aunt Carol have all in their own ways nudged me sweetly and asked hopefully "Are there any pictures of the birthday party?" I confess I'm all out of excuses.
Plus, this is NABLOPOMO ( National Blog Posting Month), so I have heard the call to action, I am apologizing for my serious neglect and I am now going to take this blog to heart once again.
Enough about me. Here's what you came to see:
We had a little party for our big 3 year old. I invited a small group of friends and neighbors to a local park for a morning birthday party that included breakfast, a birthday parade, a cake and lots and lots of running around and playing. The weather was beautiful, the company was jovial and the party was a blast!
We wanted to be at a park so Elliot could climb:
All his friends joined in the parade. Bikes, scooters and Big Wheels lined right up and we circled around the park paths while I held a banner (decorated by Owen) that said HAPPY BIRTHDAY ELLIOT!!! Here we are starting out on the Birthday Parade:
Then, there was cake (Surprise! It's red! and a Fire Truck!):
Elliot had the time of his life and was pretty darn pleased with the whole affair:
5 comments:
What a wonderful day that must have been! A parade AND a fire truck cake?!! That is one lucky boy! And I didn't know it was National Blog Posting month - I guess I better get on my game too since it's been...oh...8 months since posted anything. OOPS. Thanks for sharing - these are just wonderful!
Love - Aunt Kirstie
Great pictures of really, really good memories!! Elliot, you are one handsome three year old and are wise beyond your years.
You portray every confidence of being in control of that 2 wheeler! I was shocked to see how well you had mastered that skill. I also noticed that you were very gracious to your little guest.
Love you so much, Elliot GG
What was so remarkable about the birthday party was how well behaved ALL the kids were! Playing, playing, playing and nobody fussing over a toy or a bike. And such sheer joy at eating cake! It was such a fun morning, and I loved watching Elliot just be his amazingly active self. Thanks for pics, honey!
Nana Liana
OK, we are back and thanks for all of the blogging! Those are great pictures!! What a great great birthday party!! Lisel you do the coolest things! I can just see Elliot in action!
It was so good to see all of you! The boys have changed but I think Elliot make the biggest change. He is so muscular and solid. I was expecting him to be as light as a feather and he wasn't! I love all of his antics!! Paul, you really need to video some of that when he isn't looking!! Our dear little Owen is just as precious and sweet as he was the last time I saw him!!! I'm so glad they have such cool parents! I love you guys!!
Aunt Carol
I may not comment often, but I am a regular reader of your fabulous daily adventures. Keep it coming!
Post a Comment