After putting in a load of laundry and doing some chores, I found Owen and Elliot out in the backyard climbing trees, getting sap all over their hands and clothes, dangling from an Owen designed climbing "rope" made of garden hose that was loosely knotted around the limb of the pepper tree. I not so gently convinced them of the danger of such an enterprise and corralled them into the house whereupon my cell phone rang, and then the house phone, and then I had to send an email to someone for a work project, and then when I finally looked up I saw Owen and Elliot literally running through the house shouting and whooping and tackling each other. Stubbed toes, head bonks, and skinned elbows ensued.
The scene I created:
I put on Christopher Parkening for background music and we began adding up the accumulated coins in Owen's coin jar. Guitar music, math and a moment of peace and quiet. Aaah.
Chaos (temporarily) managed.
4 comments:
What a mom!!!! I can almost see the rig that Owen concocted to climb the tree!! He and Clark would be dangerous together if that time would ever come! They are so much boys to the bone! Praise the Lord!! The coin counting reminds me of our grandkids when my penny piggy bank is full! We get them counted and put them in sleeves and than divide them out evenly to the kids! That is one of the activities at grandma's house! What fun those little boys have! It is so much better than screen time! I love you Owen and Elliot!
Aunt Carol
Well done! That your day ended without clumps of your own pulled out hair on the floor is impressive enough, but tidy rows of coins! Wowsa! I had quite a bit of reading to do today- your prolific stint on the blog was a delight! Perhaps it will give me a push in a similar direction... Thanks!! xo ht
Praise God that you didn't have to include a trip to the ER with those two acrobats. I read your email with bated breath until I was satisfied that the injuries were only minor. The soothing sounds of Christopher Parkening's guitar seems an excellent start for modifying the mood, AND it seems that counting/organizing your money is a very PRODUCTIVE activity. Way to go, Lisel. GG
Even though you were girls, you and Kirsten were every bit as rambunctious as your two boys! So 'nuff of this "it's only boys" that go wild. I suspect knowing your own childhood helps you be the great mom you are with these boys. Love the pictures of the tidy coins! Such an Owen trait! Rock on, Lisel! You are Paul are doing a fantastic job!
Nana Liana
Post a Comment