This past weekend, I was participating in a new play festival with a local theater and was actually away from the kids for a few hours. I know that when I'm away from home, I'll return to dirty dishes and toys on the floor and laundry that still need to get done. BUT, luckily, I also always know this is what it will look like when our family meets up with each other again.
Paul loves his Daddy time, too.
5 comments:
Those boys have got the perfect Daddy! And they know it too! I've seen them try to hog Paul's side, and what a super testament that is to how great you and Paul are parenting! Keep it up!
Nana Liana
Boy, you just can't beat that! I'll take that over some laundry not done, dishes not done, etc. Thanks for being such a good dad, Paul!!!! I love you!
Aunt Carol
They say a picture is worth a thousand words and this says at least that much. It's beautiful in every way. We so appreciate how both of you love and care for Owen and Elliot. They are so very precious to us. Thanks. GG
They say a picture is worth a thousand words and this says at least that much. It's beautiful in every way. We so appreciate how both of you love and care for Owen and Elliot. They are so very precious to us. Thanks. GG
Thanks everyone!
I used to ask Owen if a) I was the smartest Daddy in the world, b) if I knew everything, and c) if there was anything I don't know. He dutifully answered yes, yes, and no. Now I get yes, no, and yes, which is still wrong of course. But he still respects me, and that’s what counts.
But there’s trouble brewing! This weekend I was strategizing how I might build a drawer in our entertainment center. This requires at least one recon trip to the Hardware Store to find parts that might get the job done.
On the way, Owen told me that he likes to watch me build things. I think it causes him some anxiety though, because he admitted he thinks I’m doing it the wrong way but he doesn’t say anything, and then, when I’m finished… It works!
We’ll see how long this holds.
Paul
Post a Comment